Saturday, May 7, 2011

New Project!


The first update on my newest painting project!  As I mentioned last week, this project is going to be made up of multiple paintings displayed together, so I've been sketching and planning to get things at least somewhat figured out before I start painting.     



I also decided to make my canvases by hand this time since I want a particular size and shape, so I've been in the woodshop every spare moment I could get.  It took me a while, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of all this wood-cutting and nailing (after many, many bent nails that is).  I made two 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 ft rectangular stretchers so far.


Here's one lovely stretcher sitting peacefully in the studio's storage space.


And here's the other one, all gessoed and ready to go!  
Can't wait to start painting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment