Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer of Color!


School has been keeping me busy and away from the blog world of late, but summer is finally here!  I'm looking forward to posting photos of my recent art project I mentioned a while ago, eating ice cream, reading all the books I haven't had time to crack open, and getting to enjoy lazy me-time in the summer sun.


I also want to make this a summer full of art and new ideas.  I was really excited to find a blog event created by Kristin over at Twinkle, Twinkle called Summer of Color that I'll be participating in.  So many wonderful artists are joining in, I can't wait to see what everyone will create!  Basically, each week Kristin will give us a color to work with (the first color is blue), and the task will be to create some sort of art project in any style, any medium to be posted by the following Monday.  Visit her blog to read more about it, anyone can join and it looks like its going to be a great way to get creative during the laziest months of the year.  


I haven't decided yet what I'll be working on, but I think I would love to get back into the mixed media spirit, since I've been doing a lot of oil painting lately.  I might work with journal pages, ATC's, little canvas boards, whatever strikes my fancy.  I love the idea of letting color inspire my pieces, this is going to be exciting!



1 comment:

  1. Welcome! So happy to have you with us and looking forward to seeing what you come up with (I love canvas panels too ;). Thanks for this great post and for playing along, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete