Sunday, July 3, 2011

In the spaces between stars . . .


2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
watercolor paint and pastel pencil

She hummed to herself, the twin moons above watching over her.  The only other sound was the beat of feathered wings in the dusk. . . 

It's the end of pink week over at Kristin's Summer of Color (next week is yellow) so here, finally, is my ATC for this color.  I've had my nose in a book all week, catching up on all the things I didn't have time to read during the school year.  Books are such wonderful distractions!  I finally got back to art yesterday with this little piece and started some other works as well that I'll be posting about soon.

5 comments:

  1. She is quite quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that this is an ATC! I'm amazed at all the beautiful detail you have on such a tiny space - I love your style, these colors and your beautiful subject. Bravo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this beautiful and so so tiny...I am in awe...thank-you for sharing such s beautiful piece...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. It is very detailed for such a small piece. I love the colors that you used. She looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and so tiny. Gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete