Sunday, July 24, 2011

Red Trees and Falling Leaves


It's certainly been a while since I've worked with the color red as a major color in a piece, but here is my ATC for red week of Summer of Color.  
(It's been even longer since I've done anything with purple, which is next week's color.  This should be interesting.)

I began painting with no particular idea in mind, but soon the two red blobs of watercolor I started out with transformed into a tree in the background with a raven (of course!) sitting on a bush in the foreground.

It was fun working in red, tan, black, and white again.  About a year ago I did a series of pieces with these colors and really enjoyed it.  Now I feel inspired to dabble in this palette again. . .   

7 comments:

  1. This is so striking and strong. What a great piece this is. Just love it. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece looks really rich. It is full of depth and texture. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ATC - Janelle has said it - texture, depth and so rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its wonderful...so dark and mysterious...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so rich! I love the bold red with black and your textures are amazing - really beautiful work. Thank you for sharing here, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe. And I love the white outline here. The whole piece just really works together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone! This was a bit of an experimental piece for me with the way I put it together and the white outlines, so your positive words mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete