Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sending out light by way of yellow . . .



Ah yellow, such a glowing, optimistic, and spiritual color!  This little piece came very naturally to me, I didn't plan it much just picked up my brush and started dabbling in ochre, violet and brown with a touch of red.  I used some thin gold paper to embellish the star and moon, and a bit along the top of the border although it's kind of hard to make out.  Metallics are always challenging to photograph somehow. 

I really like how this ATC turned out, it reminds me of tarot cards in a way.

I've been out and about appreciating the natural yellow of the sun last week (even ended up getting a bit burnt at the beach, tsk tsk).  It's been such a lovely summer thus far, I'm looking forward to more fun at the beach with my sisters next week as soon as my sunburn heals.  I'm also looking forward to the next color challenge, brown.  Brown is one of my favorites in my color palette, can't wait to get started! 


7 comments:

  1. I agree - it Does look a bit like a tarot card! I really love what you have here - the diamond pattern in the background really compliments her soft facial features. Wonderful work. Looking forward to your brown ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely. So much detail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh this is sooo pretty!! love the soft yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such lovely comments, you've made my day! I'm loving your blog as well, YOU are incredibly talented...so glad to be following you & your work!

    xo
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how content she looks. It's almost like she's dreaming while being awake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much everyone, hearing your voices means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete