Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer of Color: Purple


Here's my ATC for the lovely color purple.  In the center is a Victorian-inspired lady with black gloves, curled hair, and a big puffy dress (see bottom of this post for a detail of her).  There's a blackbird in the little border-frame above her, and a pocket watch below her, though it's a bit hard to make out.  

I started out with watercolor for the background and border, and then did most of the drawing in ballpoint pen with some colored pencil in the darkest places.

I would have been finished with this ATC much earlier this week had I not become distracted with other projects.   It's definitely been a week of new ideas and scattered artistic energy, a kind of brainstorming week.  As a result, I now have a variety of less-than-half-finished pieces floating about every flat surface in my room.  In-progress pictures soon to come, once I work on them a bit more!


     


5 comments:

  1. Really like the drawings and the border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How moody and Victorian - great delicious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really beautiful, you drew that girl!!!???she is amazing...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabby work of art. I love her puffy dress and the background stars, moon, yin/yang feeling night/day. This is a beauty! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! I adore what you have done with your ATC - the rich, eggplant colors, the delicate border and your central figure are just beautiful. Bravo, xo

    ReplyDelete