Sunday, August 7, 2011

Clockwork Magician


Chalk pastel pencils on watercolor ground

I can't believe it's already the last challenge for Summer of Color!  There's still one week left for sharing what we've created over the last few weeks together, but as far as colors go I'm sad to say this is the final one.  This week was orange, and for my ATC I decided to stay in the darker, brown region of orange with some more vibrant highlights.  

It was nice working solely in chalk pastel again.  I've been doing much more painting than drawing this year (as a result of my oil painting classes in college) and I've stayed in painting mode so far this summer.  Now I'm remembering just why the dry media were always my favorite to use!   

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing! It should be in a book! Wonderful illustration - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talents with us, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin and Valerie! One of my after-college plans is to pursue book illustration as a career, I appreciate both your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a completely divine capture! The highlights, the parts left to our imagination. The subtle touch! What a gorgeous face. Just fantastic! Yes, you are an illustrator that is for sure!! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I think the orange goes really well with brown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an atmospheric piece of art. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete