Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Scroll



8" x 39"
Ink and chalk pastel pencil on shellac-coated paper

I've had this done for a while but just haven't had the time to post the pictures.  The rose petal paper was a dream to work on, I have another piece and am thinking of using it for my next body of work.
     
Here's some close-ups so you can see the details better! 


As I mentioned before, the images are inspired by Polish folk motifs and stories.  She's wearing a Polish folk costume and holding a miniature Baba Jaga's house . . .


 . . . here's a rooster and a magical forest, . . .


 . . . the witch Baba Jaga's chicken-foot house again . . .


 . . . and a cluster of mushrooms and some little red shoes!

I've begun some more pieces that I hope to keep you updated on as I work on them.  Hope you have a relaxing rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment