Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Tales Told by Trees


Come closer traveller.  
Sit by the fire, listen to the forest, 
For the trees have long memories, 
And will tell you their tales.  

So at last I'm posting pictures of this painting installation.  It was a tricky one to photograph since my camera lens gets temperamental when I'm taking photos of large pieces, but I resolved not to go another day without having this one properly photographed.  Its one of my favorites and I've had lots of requests to see it up on the blog from those who have seen it in person.  

The two large canvases on the ends measure about 4 feet, and the center pieces are cross-cut wood.  I used oil for this set of paintings. Although I usually use acrylic, I have to say looking at these paintings reminded me how much I love oils.  I may have to bring the oils out from under my bed again for a while.

Also the owls from my new banner are in here somewhere, see if you can spot them.



No comments:

Post a Comment