Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Workspace, and Some News



I love the fall months, they have a calming, meditative feeling that always seems to inspire new ideas and creativity.  Perhaps since I was a fall baby it's in my blood.  Anyway, to kick off October I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at my workspace (or the easel part of it at least).  I like to surround myself with inspiring things while working.  In fact, I have a whole envelope full of photo clippings that I often tape to the wall next to my easel, along with sketches, mainly figure studies like the sketchbook page shown here.  And the little brush shelf on my easel is the best place for lining up my paints within easy reach.  

I've been working on a lot of smaller pieces lately like this little circular painting.  Any guesses why?  That's right, I'm planning to open an Etsy shop by the end of October!  I'll be updating you on that as it gets done.  Any fall goals of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment