Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Dove Card

winter dove handmade greeting card by Veronica Kosowski
winter dove handmade greeting card by Veronica Kosowski

winter dove handmade greeting card by Veronica Kosowski

While I was waiting for my clay to dry last week, I made some winter-themed cards for the holidays.  This is the first one I made, and my favorite of the three!  I'll be showing you the other two as soon as I get some good photos of them (when one works late into the night finishing projects the daylight has a way of running away from you).  

I still have a large sheet of canvas that never got stretched, which was perfect for cutting shapes out of for the cards.  For my winter dove I used six little pieces that I glued together using matte medium (the bird body, the wing, two for the tail feathers, one for the branch, and an unpainted piece for the oval).

This card is now in my Etsy shop, soon to be joined by its friends.

2 comments: