Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dandelion

Original acrylic painting by Veronica Kosowski.

The dandelion fades from gold to white, soon to drift away on a puff of wind.

It rained almost all last weekend in San Diego, so Art Mart was cancelled on Saturday, unfortunately.  Despite that, I enjoyed the rainy weather.  The whole street was cloaked in mist in the morning and I could hear the patter of raindrops on the roof outside my window.  I always get excited when it rains here since we mostly have one forecast: sun.  To anyone who is sick of their snowy or rainy winter, trust me, 70 degrees and sun has its perks but gets monotonous very fast.

Seeing as I suddenly had a free block of time in my schedule, I used Saturday afternoon to get started on something I've been planning to do for a long time - my official website.  I'm really excited about it and will be working hard to get it done.  I'll let you know when that happens.

In art news, I finished this tiny painting from last week's in progress picture.  She measures a little less than an ACEO at 2 x 2 3/4".  I've continued working on the other small canvases and boxes as well, they're coming along nicely and I hope to have pictures of them for you soon.    

2 comments:

  1. such an enchanting little lady.

    i love all the seasons.... i use to live in Santa Barbara, for 26 years.... Montana's deep seasons are such a joy for me to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammie!

    Santa Barbara to Montana sounds like a lovely change. I'd love to move somewhere like that.

    ReplyDelete