Saturday, February 16, 2013

Little Woodland Owl


A little woodland owl ACEO, available in my shop.

Green is one of those colors I can never get enough of when painting.  I especially love Permanent Sap Green made by Winsor & Newton, which I used a lot of in this painting and Wind and Leaves from last week.  Along with ochre and burnt sienna, I'd say it's one of my most-used tubes of paint.

On the topic of favorites, who else is hopelessly addicted to everything owl?  There's something at once mystical and cute about their round-eyed faces.  I'll always love them.

2 comments:

  1. this really is an adorable owl!
    I love owls..... i think many of us do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammie! I think it's something to do with being in the arts, it seems all the artsy people I meet love owls and cats. :)

    ReplyDelete