Monday, February 25, 2013

The Coming of Spring

Acrylic Painting by Veronica Kosowski.

The changing of seasons brings melting snows and the fleeing of winter from the approach of spring.

Acrylic on canvas, 9 x 12 inches.

I got so busy with painting and preparing for Art Mart last week that I didn't have a chance to share what I was working on.  Sorry for the long wait, but now I'm hoping to make it up to you with this piece and some of the others I finished that I'll be posting soon.

Remember this painting from a post in December?  It was just a wee work in progress back then.  I love looking at old pictures and seeing how much a painting transforms from its beginning to completion.  This painting was one of those under-easel sitters, the kind that wait patiently between other pieces for a  turn and get added to slowly.  It started out as a much more wintry painting.  I was surprised when it started to change with the coming of warmer weather here.  The motion of the owls and foxes seemed to signal a departure to me, and before I knew it there was sunlight and green grass instead of a blanket of snow. 

Super excited to be done with this one at last.  I finished it right on time for Art Mart and am happy to say it was a crowd favorite.  Hope you enjoy looking at it, and here are some details:



4 comments:

  1. such a wonderful woodland painting!
    the two little owls look as though they were snow that became owls. magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie! That's exactly what I was thinking for the animals in the painting; they are the snow transformed to living creatures as they leave for another season.

      Delete
  2. that is a wonderful and mystical theme for a painting!

    ReplyDelete