Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pictures From the Road


New Mexico sky.

Last weekend I got back from my cross-country road trip with my family.  It took us four days to drive through North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Arizona back to California.  Aside from stopping in Arkansas a few hours earlier than we thought we would, due to a tornado watch in Oklahoma and Texas, we had sunny skies and a safe drive back.  Looks like we got back in the nick of time before the storms picked up again.

I'm happy to be back home, but I'll miss the fun of waking up in a new place every day full of excitement for the unknown and unexpected.  I guess I'm more of a nomad than I thought I was.  ;)

Here's some of the places I saw while on the road:  


Wall of trees rising up to the sky in the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee.


Rest stop in the Smoky Mountains.



I never knew Arkansas was so green.


Arizona desert.


Clambering about on rocks in Arizona with the family.  
I'm the person farthest to the right.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment