Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekend Travels


Hi everyone!  No art for today as I was away on a weekend road trip visiting the SF Bay area.  It was good to be back in the woods again even if just for a little bit.  Redwoods are the best!

Here's some more pictures from my travels:


There was this awesome little gorge with a waterfall and stream.  Here's me standing at the bottom ogling trees.




Ah afternoon light!  A painter's dream!


The beginning of the waterfall.


My college mascot tee-hee!


Climbing rocks is good exercise for lazy artists.


We took Highway 1 for the first part of our journey back instead of our usual route on the 101 or 5 freeways.  It takes forever, but the gorgeous ocean and forest-covered coastal mountains are worth it!


This was a beautiful beach in Carmel.  Families of seals were swimming by, and there were tons of birds eating lunch in the water.


Also saw a whole beach full of elephant seals on the way back!  They were really something!

When left to my own devices I'm often a horrible workaholic, but road trips are one of my favorite ways to relax and recharge.  It always feels good to step away from my work for a while and get some new perspective on things.

When I'm wrapped up in an involved project I tend to forget that going outside and feeling the world around me is as much a part of being an artist as the actual painting bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment