Monday, January 19, 2015

The Ice Maiden

The Ice Maiden painting by Veronica Kosowski
"Once a beautiful boy was stolen from me by man - a boy whom I had kissed but had not kissed to death.  He is again among mankind, and tends the goats on the mountains.  He is always climbing higher and higher, far away from all the others, but not from me.  He is mine; I will send for him."

-from "The Ice Maiden" by Hans Christian Andersen


Finished the Ice Maiden painting featuring Rudy's village (he's the main character who the Ice Maiden refers to in the above quote) and the Ice Maiden who rules over the mountains beyond.  It's now available in my Etsy shop!


2 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful. What a powerful quote! Lovely. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Norma! It really is a great quote, Hans Christian Andersen's writing is superb!

      Delete