Sunday, June 14, 2015

Here, There and Everywhere

As an artist I spend a lot of my time indoors at my desk, sketching late into the night with only my favorite music for company.  I love those times, but sometimes it's good to get out and refuel your inspiration.

One of my favorite ways to do that is going on journeys.  Close to home or far away, alone or with the best of company, getting out there into the world and experiencing things first-hand is great.  I always come back with a renewed sense of purpose and an appreciation for the beauty of the world.

Here are some pictures of a few of the places I've been in the past few weeks.


I always feel so lucky to live by the coast.  I grew up by the ocean, so I don't know if I'd ever be truly satisfied living away from it's majestic power.  This sea lion in La Jolla just loved posing for the camera.  What a character!


His seal friends were another story.  All they felt like doing was sleeping in the sunny weather near the pools that catch the sky.


A friend and I took a weekend road trip to explore Solvang a few weeks back.  It's a lovely little town with a slow, contented atmosphere.  Here's a beautiful clock tower we passed by.


Another picture of the building.  What I wouldn't give for a window seat amidst crawling plants like that!


After Solvang we went back to explore L.A. where she lives.  (Or rather, she knew where she was going, I was the exploring tourist).  The central library downtown has the coolest decor.  Like seriously, that world lamp is the best!


Spent a peaceful afternoon in Chinatown after a whole day of walking.  The light was perfect, as was the mochi ice cream I wolfed down (not pictured 'cause it was gone too fast).

I'm already planning some more adventures to squeeze in between work and art.  In the meantime I've been working on new drawings, one of which I'll be posting tomorrow so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment